Finch Hatton Arms43 Main Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in the early 1870s, it was bought by Lord Winchelsea in 1875 and given his family name until the mid-1960s. The old Finch Hatton family motto, 'with a clear conscience', is shown on the pub sign. Previously a traditional brewery owned pub, it is now a free house and fully equipped small hotel. It retains, however, the charm of its past along with local artefacts inside and out. The extensive menu is varied in both taste and price. Occasional guest beer sometimes local - 8 Sail