Red Lion2-4 Roman Bank
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This building was originally the Lion Hotel, built in 1881, with a large, red, stone lion on the roof. In 1904, the lion was placed at ground level and the pub soon became known as The Red Lion, and its location dubbed Lion's Corner. The pub has the typical Wetherspoon feel with a large open bar area. Trade is very seasonal, with a limited range of real ales available in the winter.